What is Relationship Coaching?
Relationship Coaching helps you find new perspectives for dealing with the daily issues that crop up in your relationship, supports you as you develop new ways of thinking and behaving, and assists you in figuring out the right steps to move yourselves forward.
A relationship coach can assist you to set relationship goals, understand your current partnership, thrive inside your marriage, grieve a lost loved-one, or take your long-term romance to the next level.
In some situations, it is not necessary to work with both partners in a relationship. Coaching helps clients let go of their own painful thoughts, and create their own relationship vision. This means clients are able to enjoy a satisfying relationship even without their partner’s participation in the coaching process.
Relationship Coaches also work with people who are not yet in a relationship. They will work with singles who have a history of troubled relationships, who have difficulty knowing what they want in a relationship or just want to stay on track with their plan to find a deeper connection with someone.
Other coaches meet with both partners and teach communication, conflict resolution and other coaching tools meant for couples.
Relationship coaches, just like life coaches, take healthy people and make them high performing. A relationship coach can help you quickly uncover the essence of what you want out of a partnership, guide you around painful issues, and create a safe cocoon as you face your fears and discover your true desires.
What Kinds Of Problems Can Relationship Coaching Help With?
- You walk on eggshells, tiptoeing around sensitive topics
- It feels like there’s a “fuzzy” communication problem whenever you talk
- Your partner doesn’t listen to you
- Arguments over small things explode into heated fights
- Your sex life has lost its spark
- Your partner has withdrawn or shut down emotionally
- You feel blamed and criticized – like nothing you do is ever enough
- Your spouse has angry outbursts and can be demanding
- You’re struggling to forgive a betrayal of trust (e.g. an affair)
And many other common relationship problems…
No matter what you’re dealing with in your relationship, your relationship struggles are normal and can be fixed.
What I will help you to do first
If you’re struggling to communicate, it’s because neither of you feel safe enough to open up to the other.
For me is important to get you both feeling safe and securely connected again.
Once you feel securely connected, I’ll guide you through a series of heart-opening conversations that will heal past hurts, resolve your differences and get you both on the same page.
Next, you need to learn to collaborate as partners on the same team, instead of opponents at war. This phase of our coaching will move you from feeling like two ME’s to one WE.
What We’ll Do Together:
- Create a secure emotional connection between you so you can communicate lovingly, without hurting each other.
- Build a zone of safety and trust inside your relationship that promotes intimacy and warmth between you.
- End the painful PUSH/PULL dynamic of one partner chasing for attention while the other withdraws.
- Learn how to resolve conflict fast before it ever escalates into a fight.
- Get your needs met. Finally you’ll feel fulfilled in your relationship.
- Heal old hurts and restore trust between you. If you’ve ever felt betrayed by your partner, this is critical.
- End recurring fights once and for all. This session will remove the constant tension between you so you can stop tiptoeing around each other and start sharing life together.
- Feel deeply understood: Truly ‘get’ each other’s world, motives and differing perspectives, by understanding and appreciating each your unique personality traits.
- Create a mutually inspiring vision that acts as a beacon to guide your relationship through the inevitable rocky moments and keeps you both excited about the future you’re moving towards.
- Passionate sex: Learn how to keep the spark of passion alive in the bedroom (HINT: this has nothing to do with new positions).
Become a team. We’ll learn how to move from to separate ME’s to one united WE, without losing yourself or giving up on your personal wants and dreams.
Can a Relationship Coach Save my Marriage?
Relationship coaching might help untangle love knots, but it doesn’t purport to “save” marriages. Coaching clarifies relationship issues – separating what we can control with what we cannot. It brings the bright light of awareness into the hidden corners of resentment, fear and avoidance.
Even if only one spouse decides to hire a coach, when he or she lets go of mental suffering, the burden on the marriage could also be lightened.
Marriages often benefit from coaching, but each marriage has its’ own unique set of difficulties, so it is impossible to say whether or not a marriage will grow stronger through the process of coaching.
Can a Relationship Coach Help me Keep my Family Together?
Relationship coaches help families get around painful issues, but it doesn’t promise to “keep families together.” Coaching brings a family’s problems out into the light, where they can be considered openly. For example, it might help individuals to see what part they play in the family dynamic-what is their business, and what is somebody else’s business.
Even if only one family member decides to hire a coach, the relationships between members often improve as the old painful feelings are addressed.
Families do benefit from coaching, but a family is a unique set of people, each of who has their own concerns. Some families might grow closer through the process of coaching, and others might not.
Is Relationship Coaching the Same as “Couples Therapy”?
Relationship coaching is not “couples therapy”, just as life coaching is not psychotherapy.
If you’re having relationship troubles, a coach might help you clear up your thinking, get some perspective or set inspiring new goals.
Likewise, if there are many unhealed childhood wounds, I will recommend you to take a NLP session to can solve the past issues and turn back after to the relation problems.
Unlike therapy, relationship coaching rarely requires you to re-tell your childhood story, but it can help you find peace with where you are now.
It’s normal to get stuck from time to time…