NLP stands for Neuro-Linguistic Programming, a name that encompasses the three most influential components involved in producing human experience: neurology, language and programming. The neurological system regulates how our bodies function, language determines how we interface and communicate with other people and our programming determines the kinds of models of the world we create. Neuro-Linguistic Programming describes the fundamental dynamics between mind (neuro) and language (linguistic) and how their interplay affects our body and behavior (programming).
NLP is a pragmatic school of thought – an ‘epistemology’ – that addresses the many levels involved in being human. NLP is a multi-dimensional process that involves the development of behavioral competence and flexibility, but also involves strategic thinking and an understanding of the mental and cognitive processes behind behavior.
NLP provides tools and skills for the development of states of individual excellence, but it also establishes a system of empowering beliefs and presuppositions about what human beings are, what communication is and what the process of change is all about. At another level, NLP is about self-discovery, exploring identity and mission. It also provides a framework for understanding and relating to the ‘spiritual’ part of human experience that reaches beyond us as individuals to our family, community and global systems.
NLP is not only about competence and excellence, it is about wisdom and vision.
Simply because it’s proven to work. If you want to have more choices about your behavior and emotion, to improve your relationships and the way you communicate, and create better results through becoming a greater thinker, then NLP can provide you with a step-by-step framework for achieving all this and more. Not just in the short term, but lasting transformation, which will stay with you for your entire life.
The thousands that have learned the secrets of NLP have been so successful because they have applied NLP to their daily lives. It’s the same technology Oprah Winfrey, Tiger Woods, Anthony Robbins and Bill Gates (and hundreds of thousands of others) use to achieve consistent results most of us can only dream of.
NLP is like being given the manual and the highway code of your brain. It has been called the software for the mind, and it’s easy to see why.
NLP is an attitude and a methodology, a set of techniques, which leads to excellence. It is the study of excellence, providing and enabling you to weave magic in all areas of your life.
It is an extraordinary and cutting-edge approach to human communication and the development of excellence. This remarkable set of tools is based on the amazing discovery that in changing how you think can change what you think – and in changing how and what you think, you can dramatically transform the results you create in your life.
What does NLP treat?
How useful would it be to have a manual for the brain? A users guide? According to William James one of the founders of American Psychology, the average person uses only 10% of their brains full potential. NLP allows you to better understand your mind and enables you to access the excellence you already inherently have.
NLP will allow you to create new neurological pathways, this will create behaviors that better serve you for your life and eliminate old destructive patterns of behavior.
In a nut shell, NLP can help anything that you do in life that requires thought, either conscious or unconscious.
Motivation, Resourcefulness in career and relationships, Achieving your goals, Habits and addictions, Healing mind and body, Self-image and self esteem, Confidence, Public speaking, Chronic pain and illness, Asthma and allergies, Stress, Depression, Fears and phobias, Past trauma, Eating disorders, Insomnia, Weight control, Anxiety, Success in sports.
How NLP can help me?
I can assist you to develop and maintain a high level of motivation for achieving your goals, and can help convert barriers and obstacles into doorways to success.
NLP can be used to learn the characteristics of top achievers and to create a blueprint for unlimited success. Through the simple yet profound techniques that make NLP so powerful, I can help you to eliminate unwanted habits, transform negative emotions into positive feelings, improve the way you see yourself, enhance your self-esteem and become the person you want to be.
Everything you experience is created twice – first in your mind and then in reality. The experiences you create are representative of your internal state, the way you think and the feelings that your thoughts generate. When you have the tools to change your internal state, you will find that your external reality will change to match the new internal state. It’s pretty simple, and quite astounding.
It has been proven in many fields: Business, Relationships, Sports, Health & fitness, etc.
If you have ever wanted to make your team more effective, get better communication between members of staff and departments, “get through” to staff and customers more powerfully, have your ability to make sales, negotiate and persuade boosted, make better presentations, motivate and share vision while overcoming objections and obstacles, then it’s time you considered Neuro-Linguistic Programming (NLP) to enhance your business.
• Get an edge over your competition in business and safely increase your profits
• Get what you want by effectively managing your internal mindset and influencing others to happily work with you to achieve your dreams
• Overcome the hurdles which prevent you from taking your business or career to the next level
• Learn how to motivate yourself and others with ease
• Learn to use language with greater precision and elegance so that you and others can get what you want
• Think better, think more clearly and make better decisions
• Increase Inter-staff Communication
• Leadership is also enhanced by enabling you to properly work out and communicate your vision for the business and its staff. This positively affects morale and productivity.
• Presentations – For example, one aspect of NLP teaches you how to reduce stress levels when speaking in public. Fear of public speaking is the world’s most common phobia, and people with massive talents and much to give often find public speaking to be a stumbling block.
• Improving personal effectiveness
• Confidence and presence:
– Master your emotions – Calmly collate relevant information under pressure.
– Remain calm, focused and thorough at all times
– Instant confidence and motivation – Maximise your presence in business situations. Remain self assured during critical negotiations
– Use language with greater precision – Clearly articulate your views and ideas with pinpoint focus. Create compelling and persuasive arguments
– Change unwanted behavior in yourself and others – Manage teams more effectively. Motivate and inspire staff every day.
• Sales, Negotiation and Persuasion. Most people don’t recognize that there is a particular structure to the way that positive negotiations work. The “inoculation” of clients against doubt, the reframing of objections, sharing of a vision, the setting out of a positive course of action and enthusing people to follow that course are all included in the techniques taught in NLP training.
• Resolved conflicts within their businesses
• Quickly identify and blast through the limitations that are holding you back in business and in life… Once you break through these, your business and personal life will never be the same again.
• Master your subconscious mind so that you can learn more quickly than traditional teaching methods could ever allow
• Learn things about yourself that you didn’t know before
• Master your own emotions so that you handle all eventualities easily
• Understood your Core Beliefs (Rules of success) that are driving failures and successful in your life, and redefined your success criteria to live a happy and meaningful life
• Gain that vital edge that makes you a far more effective and powerful communicator
• Enhance your personal relationships
• Develop instant confidence
• Increased their earnings
• Eliminated Limiting beliefs, and set powerful beliefs
• Learn how to create instant rapport with others
• Improved their Public Speaking skills
• Changed unwanted behavior
How does NLP work?
Think about this… was a moment in your life when you decided you would change a dysfunctional behavior and do something different only to find you unconsciously repeated the same old habit?
Have you ever wondered why you repeat the old behavior?
Negative emotions and limiting behaviors tend to be stronger than your logical conscious mind and as habits / patterns are generated and stored by the unconscious mind the change needs to occur at the unconscious level!
If it were as easy as saying ‘I will give that up right now’ then we would all be our own therapists.
Unwanted behaviours and beliefs have been learned and stored at an unconscious level, and these may no longer serve you. For example, as a child you may have ‘learnt’ to become afraid of spiders, this may have been because the first time you saw a spider the adults in the room showed you how to ‘behave’ by running away from the spider. This is then stored at an unconscious level and every time you now see a spider you react automatically in the same way. It becomes an automatic unconscious response which you are unable to change consciously, this is the same for phobias and fears and they can only be changed at the unconscious level.
This is also true of limiting beliefs, you may be letting a belief that you formed at a young uniformed age hold you back today, like ‘I am not worthy’. This is only a belief, it is not true and therefore can be changed at an unconscious level to a belief that will empower you life.
Often people do not consciously know what and especially how they do something. This is where NLP is important. It helps you see and understand how you can change the responses and behaviors that don’t work for you to the ones that allow you to life your life to the full.